Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Currently July

Yay it's July!! To me, this is officially the summer month... and I enjoy each and every second! Thanks to Farley for the Currently!


My little girl is starting to walk.. I'd say 60% crawl 40% walk.  Once she decides it's officially the faster way to travel, I'm done for! She is quite the busy baby and never stops.  She's keeping me busy this summer! 

I'm also in the midst of planning for her first birthday party (everyone says how time goes so fast, but really, really, I was in the hospital like yesterday...)  I'm thinking of mint, pink, and gold theme. I'm headed to Hobby Lobby today to start perusing and planning.  Pinterest is dangerous.. but it's ohhhh soooo goood for ideas.

I'm enjoying a hot coffee, and it's the little things that make it that much more enjoyable.  Not gulping down a sip in the midst of morning math, or secretly re-filling while the kids are at special.  Ahhhh.. this is one of my most favorite things.

I've got a few unfinished TpT literature guides- The Watsons go to Birmingham and Roll of Thunder Hear my Cry.  I love these books and I've got to push myself to finish the guides.

Maui-T minus 2 weeks.  It's my mom, my dad, my daughter, and me on the plane together.  The rest of the fam is coming in shifts, so I am most nervous about surviving the plane ride.  I just might be the most hated person on a plane traveling with a little person.  I can just see myself taking the 1329 walk down the aisle politely apologizing for my screamer.  OR it can go well.  I'm preparing for the worst.

And lastly, I am really good at being organized, being level headed, and having common sense.  I balance out my team because they can get a little wound up and I bring them back to reality, although I am guilty of doing the same thing at times too!

Enjoy the currently linky!!

6 comments:

  1. KRISTIN! I *understand* the 0-60 crawling stage. My son is 10 months and he is ON.THE.MOVE and he is just like super Nascar speedster when it comes to crawling. It's too much. Too fast. He needs to be 1 hour old again. That was a good phase! ;) It's exciting and sad all at the same time watching them grow up!!

    As far as the mint green birthday party - YESSSS! It's my new favorite color. DO IT! :) And PIN away!!

    Loved finding your blog through Currently! :)

    Lindsay
    Primary Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I made a good decision about the mint and pink!! I was on the fence! Phew! Score one for Mommy!

      Delete
  2. Good morning!

    I love a good cup of hot coffee too! It always makes me sad when I get busy and my coffee gets cold. As for the plane- take a bag. Things she likes and can do to keep her busy. I know I have had friends that take little snacks, check with the airline about what is aloud. Enjoy your trip though I bet it will be amazing!

    ~*~Lena~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. A trip to Maui sounds great! Hope it goes better than you expect.And good luck getting your to-dos done. Happy July!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen,

    What a wonderful blog - I stumbled upon your site through the Currently linky...and am so glad that I did! I am a fellow fifth grade blogger and love finding new friends!

    I can definitely relate with your first one - I have an 8 week old baby. Time takes on such an odd characteristic with a baby - in many ways, it feels like the days are flying and yet it's also as if it was only yesterday that I brought my little bundle home. Enjoy this phase - and I'll be praying that she behaves wonderfully on the plane ride! :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming to my BIG-ole,
    John Belushi, party-hardy,
    extraordinary-exponential-exactly
    Seventh-Heaven which is
    eternal pleasure-beyond-measure?

    Do you...
    1) love God?
    2) love your neighbor?
    Cya Upstairs ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!! Thanks for taking the time to say a few words. Be sure to leave your email if you are a no-reply blogger!