Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Currently February

I'm linking up with Farley for Currently February.

Can't believe it's been this long since I've blogged/posted/let everyone know I'm still here!  It's been busy, that's for sure!



You might think that listening to nothing is boring.  To me, it's beautiful.  The hubs is out, the little lady is asleep upstairs, and the dog is passed out in the sunlight by the porch door.  It's pure bliss.   And I'm loving each.and.every.minute.  Rarely do I get a moment like this anymore.

So, yeah, big snow system in the works for tomorrow.  So convenient that it falls tonight, because we're having a Superbowl party (go Pats).  CT is still recovering from the last snow, and I may never see my mailbox again, but I'm still loving the fact that I am pretty sure I'll be spending the day in my sweats tomorrow.

A lot of pinning has been going on, and the hubs and I really want to make this house our own.  We're thinking of re-doing the bathrooms and the hallways, and I've recently been inspired by pins like this:




These projects will happen... I'm going to see to it!  I'll post pictures when these dreams become a reality!! 

I do want a vacation...really badly.  Doesn't everyone? It's madness at work.  Madness I tell you.  I'm sure you're in the same boat, so I don't need to ramble about that.  We haven't been away since 2013, so we're due.  The little lady was last summer's "vacation" so the hubs and I are looking forward to HAWAII this summer.  Can't. wait.

It's also amazing how I learned to operate on little to no sleep.  And I still function. People told me this would happen when I was pregnant, but I didn't believe them.  I "need" 8 hours of sleep.  At least, I thought I did. Now, 6 straight is a gift from above...but she's worth it.  She's 6 months already as of yesterday!  Time does fly!
Here she is in her awesome hat that Daddy picked out:


And for the pageant, I'm not really creative.  So I tend to find myself doing 23942 things at once.. hence, multitasker.  

Hope this February finds you rested and ready to tackle another month!



4 comments:

  1. Your little one is adorable. My daughter is 8 months and it is amazing how you learn to function on such little sleep! We are hoping for a snow day too. Good luck with making your house your own. I love the pins!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in southeast Michigan. We are also getting heavy snow today. Hoping for a snow day for myself. Love your pins and your sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little one is SO cute! I have a 7 month old son and he is the most wonderful thing in the world, but he really enjoys getting up to play at 3 am. He is not the type of baby that can play by himself, either. Sigh. I am in MA and I am getting ready to get hit with the next storm, too. I am SO ready to go back to school, but I could use a tropical vacation at the same time... if that even makes sense! I am a new follower- I always like to follower a fellow fifth grade teacher!

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable baby!! Thanks for linking up this week! I love discovering new bloggers. Also, those bathroom designs are gorgeous! I can't wait to redecorate. I feel like it's going to be my summer project!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!! Thanks for taking the time to say a few words. Be sure to leave your email if you are a no-reply blogger!