Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

November Currently


I've missed these Currently's! Couldn't wait till Farley posted so I could link up again!

It's really been my first week back to school this year, because I've been out on maternity leave.  What a change!  I am comforted because I know a ton of women do it, so I know I can do it too.  That's not to say I didn't cry my entire trip to work the first day, and then reallllllly cry when one of my teaching loves gave me a hug.  And I'm not a crier!  It's just a different transition that no one really prepares you for.  But I'm alright, and she's in great hands, so no worries!  

Loving that it's lighter out because of DST, but hating that it will get dark so early.  Hate the days when I leave at dark and get home at dark...

Thinking about everything to do!   Besides all my PLC meetings, Tier 2 meetings, a PD on Tuesday, there's a lot to think about for the upcoming week!  I am nursing, so I've got to make sure I bring all the pump parts, cleaning things, and bottles with me each day.  Not to mention the PD is in the high school building Tuesday which means I'll be pumping in the bathroom 3 times.  NOT looking forward to that.  This week I forgot to pack the little lady socks and bottles on two separate days.  Glad I'm a hop skip and a jump from Grandma and Grandpa, so they saved the day.
This week I'll be more organized!

I'd love a break already.  And you've already been at this school thing for waaaay longer than me!  I just love lazy mornings and coffee in my yoga pants. 

And I want a cleaning lady.  A little fairy who does the dishes, vacuums, and cleans the bathrooms would be fabulous!

Needing: ME TIME!  I just would like a little uninterrupted time to do whatever...read...go online...blog.. and time like that comes so rarely lately!

Reading:  Go read this book if you're a fan of fantasy.  It's really fabulous, and it's the first in the part of a three book series.  I'm halfway through it and it's a mix of Game of Thrones meets Brave princess meets magic.  I'm in love.  

I'll leave you with a picture of the Bean in her Halloween costume this year.  She's too cute! I love her to pieces!



Stay tuned because I'm working on a math series coming up soon that focuses on Guided Math, math strategies, and math centers from a PD I went to with Dr. Nicki Newton.  SO excited to share! 

6 comments:

  1. Going back to school with a sweet baby at home is the hardest thing ever. I cried the whole way for several days (almost 15 years ago :) What a precious Hungry Caterpillar! and that smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the caterpillar!! I too nursed my little ones, nearly 2 decades ago! GASP! I am getting old! It is totally worth all the hard work you are putting in. That darling smile is proof! I hope you have a calm week, and that those high school bathrooms are clean! (Maybe you could find an office?) Happy November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, Kristin, your little one is adorable!!!! Going back to work is so hard... but there will be a break soon. I've had a cleaning lady on and off over the years. I need one again. It is really ok for us working moms to let someone help us so we have more time for our own little ones.
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way...I have two goldendoodles. Our youngest doodle is Kalli (just a different spelling).
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Callie's mom is Kaili (Kylee), so it's all sorts of confusing!!

      Delete

Your comments make me happy!! Thanks for taking the time to say a few words. Be sure to leave your email if you are a no-reply blogger!