Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Fall Themed Acrostic Poems

My kids had SO much fun today in Writer's Workshop today.  

Why, you ask?  

Because they got to write poetry.

And not only poetry, fall themed poetry.  

Acrostic style.

There were six options for them to choose from: acorn, squirrel, Frankenstein, witch, scarecrow, and an apple.

It was a great opportunity to weave in a mini-lesson on describing words and being creative with our word choices.  They turned out adorable, and I put them on a mini-bulletin board outside of my classroom.  They're in my TpT store for 20% off until Friday, but because I like you so much, I'll give them to you for FREE if you leave me a comment with your email address.
Sharing is so much better... and these are too cute not to share.  Enjoy!









1 comment:

  1. Oh...your examples are great! I think my kiddos would love to do this and I definitely would too! Thanks for offering to share!
    Alison
    butterflialisun@gmail.com
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy!! Thanks for taking the time to say a few words. Be sure to leave your email if you are a no-reply blogger!